Assembly on Education Symposium
A Live Virtual Event and On-Demand Experience
What is AOE?
The Assembly on Education Symposium (AOE) is AHIMA’s annual symposium on education. On August 3–5, 2020, our health information educator community came together for the live virtual experience to see innovative educational resources and activate leading approaches in education. Now, you can experience AOE On-Demand to access valuable learning content and earn CEUs on your schedule.
AOE On-Demand features:
- Learning sessions with downloadable resources providing focused development for educators on remote learning, digital resources, and leading health information topics
- Access to all AOE sessions on-demand for 60 days after the live event, so you can watch sessions from all AOE tracks to get the most out of your professional development experience
- Keynotes on leadership and mindfulness—hot topics in the healthcare and education worlds today
We’re guiding the evolution of health information education together with a forward-thinking approach. Our community of health information educators leads academic programs at educational instructions from across the world.
Hear from Experts
As leaders at the intersection of healthcare, technology, and business, we possess a uniquely comprehensive view of a resource that is critical to meaningful health innovation. AOE session speakers will be announced soon.
Merida L. Johns, PhD, RHIA is a nationally and internationally recognized leader in healthcare information systems. She served as AHIMA’s president in 1997, has held tenured faculty positions at The Ohio State University, the University of Alabama at Birmingham, where she was the founding director of the graduate program in Health Informatics, and directed the graduate program in Information Systems Management, School of Business, Loyola University Chicago. She is founder and president of The Monarch Center for Women’s Leadership Development.
Experience sessions designed to strengthen your expertise and to effectively navigate your professional development journey. When you register for AOE On-Demand, you’ll have the opportunity to earn more continuing education units than ever before by watching presentations from all learning tracks.
- Bricks to Clicks: How to Make Online Teaching as Effective as In-person Teaching
- Integrating Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) Software into the HIM Curriculum: Mastering Power Query and Power Pivot Pre-Conference Learning Session
- Developing Engaging Presentations
- Rubrics: No Magic Wand Required
- Bloom’s: Taking It To the Next Level
- Syllabus Creation – An Overview
- Making Learning Fun – Game On!
- Identifying the Needs of Adjunct Faculty
- Uncover Your Digital-First Approach to Course Development
- Academic Affairs Tools and Resources
- Group Projects in the Online Environment: Tips and Tricks for Collaborative Learning
- ENGAGE – Energize Your Online Course as a Gateway to Generate Student Success!
- Strategies for the Incorporation of Universal Design for Learning Guidelines into the Online Classroom
- Digital Design: Creating Interactive Curriculum
- Process Oriented Guided Inquiry Learning: A Different Approach (POGIL)
- Best Practices for Advising Students in an Online Environment
- Best Practices for Academic Administration in an Online Environment
- Working Smarter, Not Harder: Using Systems Thinking to Manage Your Program
- Using a Prep Course to Identify Gaps in the Curriculum
- Appreciation: Are Students Entitled to It?
- HIM Study Away
- Implementing Interprofessional Education in HIM Programs
- NCRA Education Foundation Ambassador Program: Connecting HIM Students with Cancer Registry Professionals
Partner with Us
We connect educators and organizations at AOE, so together, we can continue the work of empowering people to impact health. AOE is an opportunity to engage and network with academic program directors, consultants, and instructors who seek to build valuable partnerships to create exciting learning experiences.
Contact us to learn about future sponsorship and virtual exhibiting opportunities.